- +100 7 % $0.51
- +300 9 % $0.50
- +500 11 % $0.49
- +1000 13 % $0.48
The LM2596 Step-Down Regulator Module is a versatile voltage regulation device designed to efficiently convert higher input voltages into lower, adjustable output voltages. It's widely used in various electronic applications and is capable of handling input voltages ranging from 4.5V to 40V. The module provides an adjustable output voltage in the range of 1.5V to 35V, offering flexibility for a wide range of projects.
Specificatoins of LM2596 DC-DC Step Down Power Supply Module -Buck Converter:
- Type: Step-Down Voltage Regulator Module
- Model: LM2596
- Maximum Output Current: 3A
- Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 40V DC
- Output Voltage Range: 1.5V to 35V DC (Adjustable)
- Output Power: 15W maximum
- Adjustable Output: Yes
- Efficiency: Typically 92% (depends on input/output voltage difference and load)
- Switching Frequency: Typically 150 kHz
- Size: 43mm x 21mm x 14mm L x W x H
- Protection Features: Over-temperature, Over-current, Short Circuit Protection (Some models may have these features)
- Output Ripple: Typically 30mV (varies by model)
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C (varies by model)
- Connection: Pads for Input and Output
- Cooling Method: Natural convection (no built-in fan)
- Mounting: Screw holes for secure attachment
- Conversion Type: Step-Down (Buck)
Features of LM2596 DC-DC Step Down Power Supply Module -Buck Converter:
- Voltage Regulation: This module is designed for step-down voltage regulation, which means it can reduce higher input voltages to lower, more usable levels with good efficiency.
- Maximum Output Current: It can deliver a maximum output current of 3A, making it suitable for powering various electronic components and circuits.
- Input Voltage Range: The LM2596 can accept input voltages ranging from 4.5V to 40V, allowing it to work with a variety of power sources, including batteries, DC power supplies, and solar panels.
- Adjustable Output: The output voltage is adjustable via the module's potentiometer, providing flexibility in meeting specific voltage requirements for your project.
- Efficiency: With a typical efficiency of 92%, this module helps reduce power losses during voltage conversion, which can be critical for power-sensitive applications.
- Switching Frequency: The module typically operates at a switching frequency of around 150 kHz.
- Protection Features: Some models of the LM2596 module may incorporate protection mechanisms such as over-temperature, over-current, and short-circuit protection to safeguard your circuit and components.
- Output Ripple: The module typically produces a low output ripple of around 30mV, ensuring a stable and clean power supply for sensitive electronics.
- Operating Temperature Range: The operating temperature range may vary by model, but it is generally designed to operate in a wide range from -40°C to +85°C, making it suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Connection: The module features Pads for easy and secure connection to input and output power sources.
- Cooling Method: Cooling is achieved through natural convection, and the module doesn't have a built-in fan.
- Mounting: Screw holes are provided for secure attachment to your project or enclosure.
- The LM2596 Step-Down Regulator Module is commonly used in various applications, including:
- Power Supply Design: Building adjustable voltage power supplies for electronics projects.
- Battery Charging: Regulating charging voltages for batteries.
- Solar Power Systems: Adjusting solar panel output voltages for charging batteries or powering devices.
- LED Lighting: Controlling LED driver voltages for lighting applications.
- Motor Control: Adjusting motor drive voltages for precise control
How to Use LM2596 DC-DC Step Down Power Supply Module -Buck Converter:
Adjust the output voltage carefully using the potentiometer to meet your specific voltage needs.
Ensure proper heat dissipation and cooling, especially when operating the module near its maximum current and voltage limits.
When adjusting the output voltage, if attempting to match the input voltage, turn the potentiometer until the value changes. Note that the potentiometer can typically be turned around 20-40 times to cover its full range of adjustment.
Be cautious when working with higher input voltages, and ensure the output voltage is within safe limits for your components.
Follow safety precautions when handling and connecting power sources to the module to prevent electrical hazards.