- +25 4 % $2.83
- +100 6 % $2.77
- +300 8 % $2.71
- +500 10 % $2.65
- +1000 12 % $2.59
The SIM800L Module is a compact and versatile cellular communication module designed for enabling GSM/GPRS communication in a wide range of projects. This module facilitates the integration of cellular connectivity, allowing devices to send and receive data over the cellular network. Equipped with the SIM800L chipset, this module offers text messaging, voice call, and data transmission capabilities, making it suitable for applications such as remote monitoring, IoT devices, vehicle tracking, and more. Its small form factor and feature-rich functionality make the SIM800L Module a valuable tool for adding wireless communication capabilities to your projects.
Key features of SIM800L Wireless Quad-band Module
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS Support: Operates across four frequency bands (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), ensuring compatibility with GSM networks worldwide. This quad-band support makes the module suitable for global applications.
- Compact Form Factor: The module features a compact design, making it well-suited for applications with limited space. Its small footprint allows for easy integration into various electronic devices and projects.
- GPRS Data Transmission: Supports GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) for efficient data transmission. This feature enables the module to transmit data packets, making it suitable for applications requiring Internet connectivity or remote data exchange.
- Low Power Consumption: Designed with low power consumption in mind, the SIM800L is energy-efficient. This makes it suitable for battery-powered devices and applications where power conservation is essential.
- SMS and Call Functionality: Enables SMS (Short Message Service) communication, allowing the module to send and receive text messages. Additionally, the module supports basic call functionality, making it useful for voice communication applications.
- Integrated TCP/IP Stack: The module includes an integrated TCP/IP stack, facilitating Internet connectivity and data exchange. This feature is valuable for IoT applications where devices need to communicate over the internet.
- Digital Audio Interface: Includes a digital audio interface for sound-related applications. This allows for audio input and output, expanding the module's usability in voice communication projects.
- Extended Temperature Range: The module typically operates within an extended temperature range, making it suitable for deployment in various environmental conditions.
- Compatibility with Microcontrollers: Designed to work with popular microcontrollers, such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi, facilitating easy integration into a wide range of electronic projects.
- Voltage Range Compatibility: Supports a broad voltage range for power supply, offering flexibility in choosing power sources. Adhering to the specified voltage range ensures stable and reliable module performance.
Specifications of SIM800L Wireless Quad-band Module
- Chipset: SIM800L
- Network Compatibility: GSM/GPRS (2G) networks
- Operating Voltage: 4V - 4.4V
- Quad-Band Frequency: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Communication Interfaces: UART (Serial)
- SIM Card Interface: Standard SIM card slot
- Antenna Connector: IPEX connector and pin header
- Integrated Features: Text messaging (SMS), voice call, GPRS data transmission
Using Tips of SIM800L Wireless Quad-band Module
When working with the SIM800L Wireless Quad-band Module, it's important to follow certain tips to ensure smooth integration and optimal performance. Here are some using tips for the SIM800L module:
- Power Supply: Provide a stable and sufficient power supply within the recommended voltage range. Sudden voltage spikes or drops can affect the performance of the module. Use a regulated power supply to ensure a steady voltage.
- Antenna Placement: Proper antenna placement is crucial for reliable communication. Ensure that the antenna is correctly connected, positioned, and has a clear line of sight to the cellular tower. External antennas often provide better signal strength.
- SIM Card Compatibility: Use a standard-sized SIM card and ensure it is properly inserted into the SIM card slot. Ensure the SIM card is functional and not password-protected. Check that the module supports the frequency bands used by the SIM card's network.
- Grounding and Decoupling: Proper grounding is essential for minimizing noise and interference. Connect the module's ground to the system ground, and use decoupling capacitors near the power supply pins to stabilize the voltage.
- Serial Communication Settings: Ensure that the serial communication settings (baud rate, data format, etc.) between the microcontroller and SIM800L match. Consistent and accurate communication is crucial for reliable data exchange.
- Initialization and Configuration: Follow the initialization and configuration procedures outlined in the datasheet. Properly initialize the module, set the necessary parameters, and handle responses appropriately in your code.
- Network Registration: Allow sufficient time for the SIM800L to register on the cellular network after power-up. Monitor the network registration status and implement error handling in case registration fails.
Do not connect the SIM800L module directly to the Arduino's 5V or Vin pin for power supply. This is crucial because the module has a maximum voltage limit of 4.4V.
Additionally, keep in mind that the SIM800L may demand a peak current of approximately 2A, especially during transmission bursts. To ensure proper operation and prevent potential issues, it is recommended to use an external power source for the SIM800L module.
What voltage range does the SIM800L module support?
How do I connect the antenna to the SIM800L module?
Connect the antenna properly to the designated antenna connector on the SIM800L module. Ensure that the antenna has a clear line of sight to the cellular tower for optimal signal reception.
How can I check if the SIM800L module is registered on the cellular network?
Utilize AT commands to check the network registration status. For example, the command “AT+CREG?” can be used to query the registration status.
What are the AT commands for SIM800L module?
You can learn more about supported AT commands by reading “SIM800 Series AT Command Manual”
Can I power the SIM800L module with a battery?
Yes, the SIM800L module can be powered with a lithium battery, provided the voltage remains within the specified range. Ensure the battery can supply sufficient current, and consider power consumption for extended operation.
Is there an alternative GSM module instead of this module?
Yes. You can choose one of following modules instead of SIM800L.