- +100 6 % $1.64
- +300 8 % $1.61
- +500 10 % $1.57
- +1000 13 % $1.53
The LM2596S Step-Down Constant Current Voltage Driver Module is a versatile voltage regulation device designed for applications requiring both constant current and adjustable output voltage. This module retains the core functionalities of the standard LM2596 module while offering features that make it suitable for driving LEDs and other applications where constant current is essential.
Specificatoins of Lm2596S Step Down Constant Current Voltage Driver Module - 3A:
- Type: Step-Down Constant Current Voltage Driver Module
- Model: LM2596S
- Maximum Output Current: 3A
- Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 40V DC
- Output Voltage Range: 1.2V to 37V DC (Adjustable)
- Output Current: 100mA to 3A (Adjustable)
- Output Power: 15W maximum
- Adjustable Output: Yes
- Efficiency: Typically 92% (depends on input/output voltage difference and load)
- Switching Frequency: Typically 150 kHz
- Size: 48mm x 23mm x 14mm L x W x H)
- Protection Features: Over-temperature, Over-current, Short Circuit Protection (Some models may have these features)
- Output Ripple: Typically 30mV (varies by model)
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C (varies by model)
- Connection: Pads for easy soldered connection to input and output power sources
- Cooling Method: Natural convection (no built-in fan)
- Mounting: Screw holes for secure attachment
- Conversion Type: Step-Down (Buck)
Features of Lm2596S Step Down Constant Current Voltage Driver Module - 3A:
- Voltage Regulation: This module is designed for step-down voltage regulation, efficiently converting higher input voltages into lower, adjustable output voltages.
- Constant Current Output: Unlike standard LM2596 modules, the LM2596S variant offers constant current output, making it ideal for driving LEDs and other applications where a stable current supply is necessary.
- Maximum Output Current: It can deliver a maximum output current of 3A, suitable for powering various electronic components and circuits.
- Input Voltage Range: The LM2596S can accept input voltages ranging from 4.5V to 40V, making it compatible with a variety of power sources.
- Adjustable Output: The output voltage is adjustable via the module's potentiometer, allowing you to set specific voltage levels for your project.
- Efficiency: With a typical efficiency of 92%, this module minimizes power losses during voltage conversion, which is essential for power-sensitive applications.
- Switching Frequency: The module typically operates at a switching frequency of around 150 kHz.
- Protection Features: Some models of the LM2596S module may incorporate protection mechanisms, such as over-temperature, over-current, and short-circuit protection.
- Output Ripple: The module typically produces a low output ripple of around 30mV, ensuring a stable and clean power supply for sensitive electronics.
- Operating Temperature Range: The operating temperature range may vary by model, but it is generally designed to operate in a wide range from -40°C to +85°C, suitable for various environments.
- Connection: The module features pads for easy soldered connection to input and output power sources.
- Cooling Method: Cooling is achieved through natural convection, and the module doesn't have a built-in fan.
- Mounting: Screw holes are provided for secure attachment to your project or enclosure.
- The LM2596S Step-Down Constant Current Voltage Driver Module is commonly used in various applications, including:
- LED Lighting: Driving LED arrays with a stable current supply.
- Constant Voltage/Current Power Supplies: Building adjustable voltage/current power supplies for electronics projects.
- Battery Charging: Regulating charging voltages and currents for batteries.
- Motor Control: Adjusting motor drive voltages for precise control.
How to Use Lm2596S Step Down Constant Current Voltage Driver Module - 3A:
Adjust the output voltage carefully using the potentiometer to meet your specific voltage needs.
Ensure proper heat dissipation and cooling, especially when operating the module near its maximum current and voltage limits.
When adjusting the output voltage, if attempting to match the input voltage, turn the potentiometer until the value changes. Note that the potentiometer can typically be turned around 20-40 times to cover its full range of adjustment.
Be cautious when working with higher input voltages, and ensure the output voltage is within safe limits for your components.
Follow safety precautions when handling and connecting power sources to the module to prevent electrical hazards.