YL-69 Soil Moisture Detection Sensor Module
This is a soil moisture sensor that can read the amount of moisture in the soil. It is ideal for monitoring an urban garden plant's water level. This is an essential tool for a connected garden. This sensor uses the two probes to pass current through the soil, and then it reads that resistance to get the moisture level. More water makes the soil conduct electricity more easily (less resistance), while dry soil conducts electricity poorly (more resistance). It is made of corrosion-resistant material which gives it an excellent service life.
This module includes an on-board voltage regulator which gives it an operating voltage range of 3.3 ~ 5.5V. It is perfect for low-voltage MCUs, both 3.3V, and 5V. For compatibility with a Raspberry Pi, it will need an ADC converter. This soil moisture sensor is compatible with 3-pin "Gravity" interface, which can be directly connected to the Gravity I/O expansion shield. YL69 Soil Moisture Sensor gives you two types of digital and analog output.
Soil moisture sensor uses Immersion Gold which protects the nickel from oxidation. Electroless nickel immersion gold (ENIG) has several advantages over more conventional (and cheaper) surface plating such as HASL (solder), including excellent surface planarity (particularly helpful for PCB's with large BGA packages), good oxidation resistance, and usability for untreated contact surfaces such as membrane switches and contact points.
Operating voltage: 3.3V, 5V
Output Type: Analog, Digital
Adjustable sensitivity (shown in blue potentiometer adjustment)
Dual output mode, analog output more accurate.
A fixed bolt hole for easy installation.
With power indicator (red) and digital switching output indicator (green).
Having LM393 comparator chip, stable.
Pin Number: 4 Pins
PCB board Size: 32mm x 14mm
Prob Size: 60mm x 20mm
VCC: external 3.3V , 5V.
GND: GND External.
DO: digital output interface(0 and 1)
AO: analog output interface
1. A soil moisture and humidity module most sensitive to the environment usually used to detect soil moisture.
2. Modules in the soil moisture reach the set threshold, DO port output high when soil moisture exceeds a set threshold, the module D0 output low;
3. Digital outputs D0 small plates can be directly connected with the microcontroller through the microcontroller to detect high and low, thereby detecting soil moisture;
4. Small plates digital output DO OUR relay module can directly drive the buzzer module, which can be composed of a soil moisture alarm equipment;
5. Small plates AO analog output modules can be connected and AD through the AD converter, you can get a more accurate value of soil moisture;