PCF8591 AD/DA Features
The PCF8591 is a single-chip, single-supply low power 8-bit CMOS data acquisition device. This chip has four analog inputs, one analog output, and a serial I2C-bus interface.
The PCF8591 module has 4 pins on the left, which include the power pins and the I2C connection pins. The 8 right pins with 4 jumpers on them also work with signals:
- AOUT: Module DAC output interface
- AINO: chip analog input interface
- AIN1: chip analog input interface
- AIN2: chip analog input interface
- AIN3: chip analog input interface
- INPUT2: Signal input port that thermistor is connected to it
- INPUT1: Signal input port that photoresistor is connected to it
- INPUT0: Signal input port that potentiometer is connected to it
You can download the datasheet of this module here.
PCF8591 Module Pinout
This sensor has 4 pins:
- VIN: Module power supply – 5 V
- GND: Ground
- SLC: I2C clock
- SDA: I2C data
You can see the pinout of this module in the image bellow.
Interfacing PCF8591 Module with Arduino
Step 1: Circuit
Step 2: Code
/* modified on Sep 23, 2020 Modified by MohammedDamirchi from https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_PCF8591