In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to install Android7.1 on your Raspberry Pi board.
The Android operating system is not recommended by the Raspberry Pi company. However, many users are looking to use this operating system on the Raspberry Pi board.
What You Will Learn
What is Android?
Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google. It is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open source software and is designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. In addition, Google has further developed Android TV for televisions, Android Auto for cars, and Wear OS for wrist watches.
Installing Android on Raspberry Pi
How to Install Android on RPi
Follow these steps to install the Android on Raspberry Pi
Step 1: Download Android from here.
Step 2: Connect micro SD card to your PC and format it. (we recommend you to use SDFormatter)
Step 3: Extract the downloaded OP file and copy the contents to the micro SD card using Etcher.
- choose the OS file.
Initial Operating System Test
To ensure successful installation of the operating system, you follow these steps:
- Put your SD card into the Raspberry Pi
- Connect your Raspberry Pi to the monitor using HDMI cable.
- Connect the mouse to the Raspberry Pi
- Connect your Raspberry Pi’s power supply
- After the operating system boots, you should see something similar to the following image on your screen.